about 1 year ago
The slight tang and creaminess of goat cheese brings richness to this baked gratin of wilted greens (go local if available!) and leeks for a satisfying, ultra-tasty side dish using all organic ingredients.
- 4 teaspoons organic butter
- 3 organic leeks [1 1/2 lbs.], dark green parts removed, light green parts thinly sliced
- 2 pounds organic greens [about 3 bunches chard, kale, collard, mustard or turnip greens], stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cups organic 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 6 oz. log Organic Chèvre Fleurie, rind removed
- 20 365 Everyday Value® Organic Wheat Square Crackers, crumbled
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a large saucepot, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in greens, cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until just wilted, stirring occasionally. Cook greens in batches if your pot doesn't hold them all at once. Transfer greens mixture to a bowl and set aside. Add milk to saucepot and heat just to a simmer.
Remove from heat, crumble in goat cheese and whisk until melted. Stir in greens mixture until combined, then transfer to a shallow 3-quart baking dish.
Bake 10 minutes, then top with cracker crumbs and continue baking until crumbs are toasted and greens are heated through, about 10 minutes longer.
- 71 calories
- 3g total fat
- 2g saturated fat
- 7mg cholesterol
- 259mg sodium
- 10g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 4g sugar)
- 3g protein