over 2 years ago
This simple preparation of cod has been a favorite for generations. Using pieces of fillet equal in thickness is important for ensuring even baking; if you have any pieces that are particularly thick or thin you may want to bake them in a separate pan to ensure that they are not over or under baked.
- Oil for the baking dish
- 4 (6-ounce) pieces skinless cod fillet
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1/4 cup dried white or whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
Preheat oven to 425°F. Oil a 9- x 13-inch baking dish or medium oval baking dish. Sprinkle cod with salt and pepper and arrange it in the dish. Drizzle it with half the butter and half the lemon juice.
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley and chives. Sprinkle the mixture over the cod and drizzle with remaining butter and lemon juice. Bake just until bread crumbs are crisped and cod flakes easily with a fork, about 12 minutes.
- 201 calories
- 4g total fat
- 2g saturated fat
- 79mg cholesterol
- 600mg sodium
- 8g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 1g sugar)
- 33g protein