9 months ago
I love green beans with basil...I love tomatoes with basil...I love pasta with basil. Put them all together and I have perfection!
Serves 2 as a main and 4 as a side
- 3/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed washed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces short pasta such as penne or fusilli
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 to 8 large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cups thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1 to 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste if needed
Blanche the cut green beans in boiling water for about 4 minutes. Drain and place in ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain again.
Cook the pasta in the chicken broth about a minute short of package directions. Drain but save about 2 cups of the broth.
In a large skillet, gently saute the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes in the butter for a minute or two. Add the green beans and saute for a few more minutes. Stir in one teaspoon of the fish sauce and the tomatoes.
While still on the heat,add the cooked pasta and basil and enough of the reserved broth to create a light sauce. Taste, add more fish sauce if desired or salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm
- 934 calories
- 27g total fat
- 13g saturated fat
- 60mg cholesterol
- 2813mg sodium
- 143g carbohydrate (17g dietary fiber, 33g sugar)
- 37g protein