over 3 years ago
These light kabobs are a perfect complement for summer salads or on top of a bed of couscous or quinoa pilaf.
- 1 pound wild salmon fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (about 2 small sprigs) chopped rosemary leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- Wooden or bamboo skewers, soaked in water 10 minutes
Place salmon, zucchini, bell pepper and onion in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Whisk together garlic, rosemary, olive oil and lime juice in a small bowl. Pour mixture over salmon and vegetables, toss and marinate 15 to 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill or broiler. Skewer the salmon and vegetables, reserving marinade, and grill or broil 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until salmon is cooked through and vegetables are tender. While cooking, boil the marinade in a small saucepan for 5 minutes. Drizzle over skewers and serve.
- 434 calories
- 34g total fat
- 6g saturated fat
- 62mg cholesterol
- 362mg sodium
- 9g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 4g sugar)
- 25g protein