over 5 years ago
A satisfying entrée featuring the meaty flavor of portobello mushrooms. Ingredients with an asterisk (*) are available as Whole Foods Market Brands.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon prepared balsamic vinaigrette,* divided
- 2 pieces focaccia bread, about 6-x-6-inches each
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, drained well
- Handful arugula leaves
Marinate mushrooms at room temperature in 1/4 cup of vinaigrette for about 20 minutes.
Preheat broiler. Broil mushrooms about 3 inches from the broiling element 6 to 7 minutes per side, until lightly browned. Halve the focaccia horizontally and place the cheese on one side of the bread. Cut the broiled mushrooms into l-inch-thick slices diagonally and arrange them over the cheese. Place the peppers over the mushrooms and top with the arugula. If you like, sprinkle a little vinaigrette over the arugula. Close up the sandwiches and serve.
- 174 calories
- 9g total fat
- 5g saturated fat
- 20mg cholesterol
- 352mg sodium
- 16g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)
- 10g protein